2008년 6월 20일 금요일

Things I've been putting off..

Whoever said sleepovers was fun must have hit their head on the pavement. 

Sleepovers aren't fun in any way. Yeah, you got me right. My stay at Ed's house during the holidays was a bore. To put it truthfully, I didn't get to enjoy myself to the max. Sure, it was nice seeing her, spending time together. It's just me. I haven't been myself for a looooooooong while now. Seeing her with her family isn't a good sight for me. Definitely a saddening event. 

Let's see! Her mum had some workers over on the last day for some renovations. The house is already beautiful in a way that would make mine seem unimportant. I can't complain about it, though. Houses are meant to be looked at. They also have to be comfortable, of course.

...Within those 3 days, I managed to finish 2 out of 3 drama sets that I rented from the bookshop. Firstly, Dragon Zakura was fun to watch. YamaPi was SO cute in the drama. PLUS, he has a not-so-visible romance with the actress who turns out to be his bride in ProDai. I'm definitely labeling ProDai as a sequel of Dragon Zakura. Oh! Here's a note. ProDai is showing on 8tv. MAJIDE?! was my first reaction since Malaysian cables tend to be picky about the dramas they broadcast. I'm glad, very glad. I wished they had decided to broadcast Anego, though. JinJin's best performance, I'd say. It's a shame that the sex scene with Anego didn't get shown. Or maybe it wasn't filmed? =/ One more complaint before I move to the next topic: LET JIN SMOKE! YOU CANT HIDE HIS SMOKING IMAGE SINCE WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT!

Right, and then there was the pathetic life of a woman named matsuko. As the title had already stated, Matsuko's life was depressing and pretty pointless. It seemed like she was living a circle of wanting acceptance from the wrong crowd/man and then leaving them in a dramatic way, be it by killing said man or leaving for another place. It all starts with her taking a blame for a theft that her student may or may not have committed. The kid ends up being her last lover. Weird twist, I know. It was hinted in the start of the drama though. The kid, played by kanata hongo was giving her, his teacher a bit too much attention. Basically, she gets molested by the headmaster who uses the theft as a reason to kick her out of school. She confronts her student who blows up at her. THEN, she goes home to receive unwanted attention from her sickly sister. Out of anger, she strangles her sister as she has been envious of the attention showered unto said sister by her father. She had no clue about her father's love for her. When her mother finds her strangling her sister, she screams at Matsuko who then takes leave to Tokyo, searching for a place where she could belong. Along the way, she meets the kid who is astonished as he watches his teacher running back. That's when Matsuko's life was doomed to a pile of sad events. She falls in love with the wrong guys, like a writer, her manager in the club she works in, the guy she follows to get out of the club, her student. And they all leave her, one way or another. Her last romance puzzled me greatly. I'm not against student-teacher romances but getting involved with the things that remind you of your unpleasant past is NOT how you get to fixing your life. The drama was disappointing, though. I'd wanted it to be darker, more intriguing with a tragic end. 

Now, I'm straying too far from the topic. Where was I? Oh, yes. During the three days I spent at Ed's house, she was glued to her laptop 2/3 of the time. However, we did manage to have small chats or what not. There's nothing much to talk about, though. I wished we had done something productive instead of following up on dramas and going online. There's still a next time, right? Till then, I shall wait patiently. Alas, it still felt strangely relieving(just by a bit) to be away from what used to be home. I needed that break. 

This post turned out quite different then I thought. 'shrugs' 

Ciao, mi amigos!